Jhanjharpur Parliamentary Constituency 2014, Jhanjharpur Lok sabha Constituency Details, Political News Jhanjharpur, Bihar Lok Sabha Elections 2014 News Updates, Bihar Parliamentary Constituency details 2014,Jhanjharpur MP Issues

Jhanjharpur Parliamentary Constituency 2014, Jhanjharpur Lok sabha Constituency Details, Political News Jhanjharpur, Bihar Lok Sabha Elections 2014 News Updates, Bihar Parliamentary Constituency details 2014,Jhanjharpur MP Issues:

About the Constituency:

The Jhanjharpur parliamentary constituency is situated in the Madhubani district of Bihar. This district was formed in the year 1972, when it was split from the Darbhanga District. The total number of electorates in the Jhanjharpur Lok Sabha Constituency (constituency number 7) according to Election Commission of India 2009 reports are 1,418,977 of which 757,310 are males and 661,667 are females.

As one of the 40 Lok Sabha seats which have been allotted to the eastern Indian state of Bihar, this constituency of Jhanjharpur covers a wide area featuring six assembly segments. Out of these six assembly segments, the assembly constituency of Rajnagar is reserved for candidates belonging to the scheduled caste category. The Jhanjharpur Lok Sabha seat has been a primary stronghold of the Janata Dal party, which has won the seat a majority number of times.  

Assembly Segments:

Names of Assembly Constituencies

Khajauli

Babubarhi

Rajnagar (SC)

Jhanjharpur

Phulparas

Laukaha

 About Jhanjarpur:

The economy in the Jhanjharpur constituency survives on the revenue generated by the famous art forms of Madhubani, which is imprinted as motifs on various materials such as bags, sarees and other materials, and exported to other parts of the world. Despite such rich traditional art being developed in this constituency, the economy of the Jhanjharpur parliamentary constituency is essentially backward, and is being funded under special governmental schemes such as the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme.   

A total of 24,102 people comprise the population of the Jhanjharpur parliamentary constituency, as per the 2001 Census records. While 52% of the total population in this constituency is male, females comprise of the remaining 48%. Devandra Prasad Yadav of the erstwhile Janata Dal, and currently of the Janata Dal (United) has remained an MP from this seat for a total of five terms.

 A Look: Sitting MP

Name of MP

Mangani Lal Mandal

Age

65

Nature of Membership

Elected

Term

18-May-09 to In office

Political Party

Janata Dal (United)

Gender

Male

Educational Qualification

Post Graduate

Performance in the 15th Lok Sabha

Debates participated

44

Private member bills passed

0

Questions asked

268

Attendance

94%